Ok, I realize this is like, Cooking 095. but I always seem to fsck up hard boiled eggs so I wanted to document this somewhere:
How To Hard Boil Eggs Perfectly
- Put four eggs in 3 quart pot.
- Pour enough water in the pot until it’s about a half an inch over the eggs.
- Place pot of eggs / water on your stove.
- Turn the heat to high.
- Wait for water to reach a rolling boil
- Leave eggs in boiling water for six minutes.
- After six minutes, spoon the eggs out and put them in ice water for a minute or so. (Let the water keep boiling.) This causes the egg to shrink inside the shell, thus easier to peel.
- Put the eggs back into boiling water for one minute. This supposedly keeps the yoke from turning green. Who knows.
- Take eggs out and enjoy. Mmmmm. Eggggs..